Facebook is rolling out its Live Video feature for every one using the app on iOs or Android platforms in India. The Facebook Live Video feature was earlier available to all Facebook pages, individual users in other countries like US, as well as select users in India.
Android users can spot the feature right below the status box, next to the Photo and Check In options. For iOS users, opening the feature is quite a task. They need to tap on the “What’s on your mind” box and then look for the “Live Video” option towards the bottom of the screen on the resulting screen.
Facebook Live Video on Android and iOs Platforms
Live video feature enables Facebook users to record a live video feed and share it with other users on Facebook. A user can record a video of up to 4 hours in duration. Earlier the time limit was two hours. Along with streaming and sharing live video feeds, users can now hide comments while broadcasting, and broadcast a Facebook Live Video feed in full screen on both iOS and Android.
In June, Facebook announced that users can go live from the face-swapping MSQRD app and utilise different Snapchat-like masks and filters while the video is being broadcast.
How to share a live video via Facebook Live for Android
- Tap “What’s on your mind?” at the top of your News Feed in your Facebook app.
- Tap the Live Video icon (person icon with a broadcast signal around the head).
- Write a description for your video (optional).
- Choose an audience for your video, Public, Friends etc.
- Tap Go Live and start your live broadcast.
- When you are done with your broadcast, tap Finish.
- Note: the maximum time limit for a Facebook Live video is 30 minutes.
Live videos shared by your friends and public figures you follow will show up right in your News Feed. To get a notification when someone you follow goes live with a broadcast, tap the Subscribe button while watching one of their live videos.